Emily's the knitter, Clare's the spinner, and we both like cocktails!

Saturday 11 November 2006

A meme. For fun. Doesn't mean you can send me any!

Stolen from Kerrie
1. FIRST NAME? Emily
2. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE? Sort of - perhaps after the fact - a Victorian great aunt of my Dad's. And I recently bought a book she wrote (sadly i think a rather sanctimonious novel, haven't read it yet).
3. WHEN DID YOU LAST CRY? Not that often. When I do, quite frequently an irritatingly artificially engineered response to some Hollywood claptrap. Happy to cry, just not that frequent an occurence.

4. DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING? Yep, quite good.
5. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE LUNCHMEAT? Lunchmeat? Huh? I like salami - is that a lunchmeat??? And pate!
6. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU? No idea at all.
7. DO YOU HAVE A JOURNAL? Not really - I am too self-censoring here, and not disciplined enough elsewhere.
8. DO YOU STILL HAVE YOUR TONSILS? No - went aged 9 along with my adenoids

9. WOULD YOU BUNGEE JUMP? No way Jose. I declined in the north of Queensland effectively when the entire busload of people went for it. i like my knees to function, don't like sudden drops, or throwing up upside down.
10. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CEREAL? Porridge.
11. DO YOU UNTIE YOUR SHOES WHEN YOU TAKE THEM OFF? Rarely.
12. DO YOU THINK YOU ARE STRONG? Maybe.

13. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE ICE CREAM FLAVOR? Not that keen. Too cold. C made fabulous honey semi-freddo, though, and i liked that. or fruit-strong sorbet (I know, no logic, that's cold too).
14. SHOE SIZE? UK size 4-4.5, continental 37-37.5, US - who knows????
15. RED OR PINK? Red.
16. WHAT IS THE LEAST FAVORITE THING ABOUT YOURSELF? Procrastinator. Untidy.
17. WHO DO YOU MISS THE MOST? Mutti. (My beloved grandmother).

18. WHAT FOOD WILL GET YOU OUT OF BED IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT? None. Or anything if the companies good and the smell enticing.
19. WHAT COLOUR TROUSERS, SHIRT AND SHOES ARE YOU WEARING? Black fleece trousers, Orange/red polar knit jumper (sweater) and Ugg boots. NOT the trendy kind, bought 13 years ago in a little shop in Perth, WA, for about $30 AUS. I am angry with the 'Ugg' company who ripped off this free name, descriptor, for Australian sheepskin boots/slippers nd then sued the original little companies for still using the name! Bastards.
20. LAST THING YOU ATE? Scrambled egg and wholemeal pita, with the other half of the pita spread with butter and marmite. Yum.

21. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW? traffic outside, clicking of my keyboard and C's.
22. IF YOU WERE A CRAYON, WHAT COLOR WOULD YOU BE? Bright green (Or rish red, rust or orange).
23. FAVORITE SMELL? Cardamom.

24. WHO WAS THE LAST PERSON YOU TALKED TO ON THE PHONE? Kate.
25. THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT PEOPLE? Faces? Self-presentation?
26. DO YOU LIKE THE PERSON YOU STOLE THIS FROM? Yes, how could you not like
Kerrie?
27. FAVOURITE DRINK? Cold tap water?
28. FAVOURITE SPORT? Skiing.
29. EYE COLOUR? Green.
30. HAT SIZE? ? Medium?
31. DO YOU WEAR CONTACTS? Occasionally - for skiing - usually I'm a speccy-four-eyes and proud of it!
32. FAVORITE FOOD? That depends. Roast trimmings; risotto with parmesan; marmite on toast; sticky stew; good Indian/Pakistani food. LOTS OF FOOD!

33. SCARY MOVIES OR HAPPY ENDINGS? Totally useless with any suspense. Internal logic a must! Don't need happy endings, depends on the film.
35. SUMMER OR WINTER? Winter.
36. HUGS OR KISSES? Both, depends, go together so often...

37. FAVOURITE DESSERT? Banoffee pie.
38. WHAT SIDE OF THE BED DO YOU SLEEP ON AND WHY? Nearest the door to the loo, always, whichever that is. the left, at home.

39. IF YOU DIDN'T MAKE THE DECISION TO GET MARRIED AND HAVE A FAMILY, WHAT WOULD YOU BE DOING TODAY? I'm not married, and wouldn't be even if straight. See ALternatives to marriage project. Having said that, my C and I have made promises to each other, and have registered our partnership - I am ambivalent about the latter. Don't see why some relationships should be priviledged over others. Choose your own family, I say! (Though I would include all my birth family, extended, and C's birth family in that). No desire to have children.
Isn't there a bit of an assumption in this meme?
40. WHAT BOOKS ARE YOU READING? Just read Alison Bechdel's 'Fun Home' - she wrote/drew all those 'Dykes to watch out for' comic strips, which are fab. Also re-reading 'What Katy Did'. Eclectic? Moi?
41. WHAT'S ON YOUR MOUSE PAD? I's the free Dell one - came with the computer.
42. WHAT DID YOU WATCH LAST NIGHT ON TV? Watched th tape of "Grey's Anatomy" - left with Meredith with her hand on an unexploded bazooka bomb in some chap's thorax. Very stressful to watch (did I mention my thing about suspense?) but worth it. trying to watch less telly, though.
43. FAVORITE SOUNDS? Skis running on wonderful snow among trees.
44. ROLLING STONE OR BEATLES? Latter if I must.
45. THE FURTHEST YOU'VE BEEN FROM HOME? Australia - twice.
46. WHAT'S YOUR SPECIAL TALENT? I don't think I have one.
47. WHERE WERE YOU BORN? Bristol.
48. WHO SENT THIS TO YOU? No-one. I swiped it from
Kerrie.

1 comment:

PURLPOWER said...

Thanks for the comment about the link, I just tried them again and now they seem to be OK, do let me know if it's different for you though, cheers.