Emily's the knitter, Clare's the spinner, and we both like cocktails!

Tuesday 20 November 2007

Notre Dame bleeds and blocks

So - here are the front and back pieces of C's Notre Dame rinsing - and bleeding!!!
Notre Dame rinsing, bleeding - and then blocking to match a sweater of hers. I'm relieved that it has easily blocked out flatter and therefore wider and more drapily than it seemed as I knit it (as did the swatch, but we all know that Swatches can Lie, so I am relieved). I notice that the rinsing shot looks darker than it really is, and the blocking paler - there wasn't that much obvious change in colour, to be honest.
Notre dame blocking

And I accidentally started swatching for the Josephine top from IK Summer 2007 - with RYC bamboo soft - a little heavier than the yarn called for, but we'll see how the gauge compares when washed and blocked. Probably shouldn't just have run on from the 'all over pattern' to the lace, but WTF! Lucky I'm swatching at all! Josephine top swatch 3.75mm rosewood These ebony Destiny needles, by Lantern Moon, are from Purlescence, and perfect for this rather splitty yarn (the cable is delightfully flexible, too). BTW, have you seen that Robynn's planning a surprise for the New Year? (Not sure I should be telling the buying competition, but...)

2 comments:

Barb said...

Accidently? You swatch by accident? Is that when you cast on too few?

Come on! Join the "Seat of your Britches" knitters....

Swatching is for the faint of heart.

Yep. I've been knitting a lot of socks and scarves lately!

Kate said...

Good luck with your move to Australia. Never fear, there's lots of S'n'B style groups here although we're a little quieter in announcing this! Let me know if you're going to Adelaide, Canberra, Melbourne or Woolongong and I can put you in contact with folks in those cities : )