Emily's the knitter, Clare's the spinner, and we both like cocktails!

Wednesday 23 July 2008

It's cold!

...so I'm knitting myself some fingerless mitts, quickly so I can wear them before it gets hot!

Noro striped mittThat's Noro Silk Garden sock, 2.25mm needles, vaguely using the Endpaper Mitts from See Eunny Knit! as a direction (faster tahn thinking this up myself!) I think I'll finish one today. 

The Oriental Lily dress for Alice comes on apace - arrested briefly just now as I await extra blue yarn from Barb, who is having a pretty rough time just now. No worries, plenty of time before A gets here.

Oriental Lily in progress
I'm not yet quite sure of how I'll finish off the sleeves - the look we're going for here is that of a pinafore. I'm tending towards blue (to go with the waistband) in moss stitch (to go with the enck edging). We'll see.

Thought I'd throw up a quick daylight pic of my knitted gifts,Aussie swap 3    to show the lovely colours better:

And a last pic - this is the sheep window decoration made by (previously mentioned) Hecate-pec (her bro made a wonderful blue subject-of-conversation - is it a spider? a crab? what could it be?) But the sheep - well who does it remind you of?


Dolores 2 And in a more menacing view:Dolores?

4 comments:

M-H said...

Dolores in a 1980s handknit!

missfee said...

love the socks want the socks want to do the socks - very cool indeed

Anonymous said...

Tigger's a fan of Dolores so I wouldn't be surprised....

My friend Shaun posted a photo of something cute she knit her daughter. I suspect you have some wee girls who might like one, too.

http://redseahomeschool.wordpress.com/2008/07/22/fo/

Bex said...

I love the silk garden mitts! Yum!