Emily's the knitter, Clare's the spinner, and we both like cocktails!

Friday 19 September 2008

Start of Fifififi

I'm starting the lovely cotton-mix Calmer (lovely cos it's now hot and sweaty here) to make the French Girl Knits Fifi. I'm using slightly smaller needles (4mm rather than 4.5mm) and making the 2nd size - 33", I'm 37" ish, but negative ease is an essential part of this mix. We'll see! I haven't done masses of re-swatching (I swatched a year or two ago), but shall launch and potentially re-knit as needed. 

Fifi begins
Love the colour I got from double over-dyeing the manky pale tangerine yarn that was so cheap (discontinued) at Cucumberpatch!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, be careful! A friend of mine tried to knit that and had some serious pattern issues. Have you looked for errata? Good luck! Love the color.