Emily's the knitter, Clare's the spinner, and we both like cocktails!

Sunday 30 July 2006

Wardrobe refashion

I Pledge that I shall refashion, renovate, recycle pre-loved items for myself for the term of my contract. I Pledge that I shall create and craft items of clothing for myself with my own hands in fabric, yarn or other medium for the term of my contract. (For two months at this time)
(The cool Wardrobe Refashion blog can be found at http://wardroberefashion.blogspot.com/ )


So, I've committed myself to this - and Voddy has too. In fact, I started this week, and will post some pics of what I have already bought second-hand to play with - or just wear. I've got lots of things waiting in the wings, or already started to be made, too, vis:
1 pair of socks (Mim's Eleonora ones, on the foot of no 1, but currently too hot)
1 circular coccoon jacket - the cover of the Autumn IK, Annie Modesitt
1 'Joe' from House of Hemp
1 Eyelet Chemise from summer IK, but in more Hemp (spring green and a bit of watermelon pink) - and I shall do it longer, as my waist/belly are NOT my best bits, andwithout eyelets.

I'll do another post in a minute to show you the things I have bought and that are waiting in the wings for adaptation.

No comments: