Emily's the knitter, Clare's the spinner, and we both like cocktails!

Wednesday 7 November 2007

A wonderful parcel

So, I went to get my shoes out of the shoe stand in the porch, and - there was a parcel stuffed in there! Who did that? C denies (and why would she?) - so, maybe the postman? No idea how long it's been there, but I'd been expecting it for a while.

Barb, the friend I made through the Knitter's letter swap, sent me a Swan from Threadbear Fiber studio, a lovely drop spindle. And here it is!
My box from Barb! Well, that's the box with the two spindles she sent (one is a practice spindle she felt she didn't want) and the skein of Jubilee by Misty Mountain Farm in colourway Virginia Creeper - isn't it beautiful? Feels lovely too (all 400yds superwash merino sockyarn of it), quite bouncey!

Swan spindle 'Timberland' wt 1.5 Here's the Swan though - Barb chose the 'Timberland' wood - a beautifully dyed composite, she sussed me out totally - colour is my metier!

Yarn tasting Also in here - a yarn tasting booklet from Threadbear Fiber - a wonderful idea, they do evenings when people can try new yarns and see patterns made up (I think) and take away a little booklet talking about both and with yarn samples stuck inside.

Thanks very much Barb! Your box is filling up too, BTW...

3 comments:

Robynn said...

Oooh! It all looks gorgeous, but - spindle? Are you learning to spin, or do you already and I missed something? How hard is this drop spindle thing anyway? No, no, I don't want to know. I don't want to spin. Nuh uh. Little enough knitting time as it is. (*drool*)

the Lady said...

Thanks for stopping by! I'm liking your spindle and yarn too!

Carol said...

What a gorgeous spindle! The yarn is, too. How come I only find bills in my mailbox?