Emily's the knitter, Clare's the spinner, and we both like cocktails!

Friday 17 June 2011

Spinning update

So its been ages since I posted last and I have been spinning lots, but just keep forgetting to keep things updated - so here is a quick whistle stop tour of what I have been doing recently.

On herbie;
"Evening Lights" world of wool merino and silk blend bumble bee, and charcoal merino.
513 metres, 215 grams, 16 wpi, (largest on small whorl)
green & blacksgreen & blacks 3green & blacks 2
"Midnight Blue" world of wool merino blend and plain black. 153 metres, 165 grams, 10 wpi, (smallest on large whorl)
black & blueblack & blue 2
"Shetland Greens" 100% shetland from knit studio newcastle, maker sue's crafts for enthusiasts. 171 metres, 100 grams, 14 wpi. (largest on small whorl) fractal spun.
shetland green yarnshetland greens

On spindles;
"charcoal gleams" wool and nylon mix for socks. singles spun on spindle, plied on ashford. 267 metres, 101 grams, 17 wpi
nylon and wool 2 plynylon and wool 2
"Seaside pebbles" Some single colour merino I carded and spindle spun a while ago, 95 grams, 13 wpi
carded mixcarded mix 2

Current WIP;
mini trindle, aiming for lace weight 2 ply, 20 grams sample of BFL in gothic colourway from Freyalyn's Fibres.
mini trindlemini trindle 2

Soon to come will be the Tour de Fleece, where I am competing for the spinnotts team, and the aim is to spin everyday of the tour, with challenges on specific days.

As a leaving picture - here is my current spindle family, including the new steampunk spindle from Knit in Nottingham, made by anglergifts.co.uk and my two trindles from trindleman on etsy - but the mini trindle is not in the family shot!
spindle familyspindle family again

3 comments:

Guzzisue said...

good to see you reving up for tour de fleece :-)

Knit Nottingham said...

I think I might want all of it...

Also, Emily sent me the link saying 'see, she's got about 40'. I hope she's better at maths when it comes to working out prescriptions! I think you've got just the right amount - maybe room for a few more though...

Eleanor. :)

Bex said...

The first one, with the blacks, greens and blues is such an Em colourway ;)