Emily's the knitter, Clare's the spinner, and we both like cocktails!

Tuesday 11 September 2007

Mitred Rainbow

IMG_0072IMG_0070
When I saw the Modern Quilt Wrap on Knitting Daily I knew I had the replacement I wanted for my beloved, lost River. And a use for all those part balls of KSH!
Unfortunately, lots of other people felt the same, so mine won't be the only scarf like this. Also, I actually have all the right yarns except I think my Rose might in fact be Candy Girl.


Modern quilt wrap 1234 detail Modern quilt wrap 1234 a

Of course, my squares are not terribly square, but WTF, I think it'll look great either way (and if necessary, I'll pick up all the way round to neaten it).

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

River is lost?! That mitred thing looks great. Maybe that,s what I need to do....

The thought of packing is stress inducing. Packing knitting seems to push me right over.

kathryn said...

All I've done today has been to find things on blogs and ravelry that I've wanted to make and although I didn't want to make it when I saw it on Knitting Daily, now I've seen your Mitred Rainbow I want to make it too!

By the way, I'm having second thoughts about the NEC although I've already got a ticket..from the list I was sent there don't seem to be very many knitting suppliers this year.

M-H said...

That is lovely. But what a fiddle - you are a patient little knitter! :)

Wendy said...

I think they look great, too!

Bex said...

I love it! ;)

Alice said...

That is really rather cool. Rather incredibly cool in fact.

Anonymous said...

Hi Emily. I think it is a very cool scarf that you are knitting . Thanks for commenting on my blog.

Tigger